Clear parts require special handling, both styrene and CA glue types will damage clear plastic and classic dedicated clear parts adhesives are irreversible making them a hit and miss solution. With VMS Transpa Fix 6K you will have all the time in the world to position the parts and excessive adhesive is easily removed producing a stunning result! IMPORTANT: The recommended glue thinner for Transpa Fix 6K is VMS Universal weathering carrier light type, which will not damage clear parts!
- Combine with: Clear parts
- Recommended techniques: Brush
- Available volumes: 30 ml glass bottle
- What's the best technique for precise application of the adhesive?
Use precision brush.
- How effective is the adhesive?
One model requires around 0.1-0.3 ml of adhesive, since the bottle holds 40 ml it will last you forever.
- The glue dries too quickly, produces strings and seems thick!
Add some Universal weathering carrier to slow drying and improve flow. Please use small amounts of the Universal weathering carrier as no glue is good when over-thinned.
- How long does it take for the glue to harden?
Dispensed glue will be dry to touch in less than 1 hour but since it's trapped between plastic parts when applied allow 24-48 h for it to achieve durability.
How is this better than my other glues?
- It's simple, this glue will not affect your clear or painted parts. While the usual modelling glues can cause plastic crazing or fogging Transpa Fix 6K will not.
- Can I use the adhesive to cement PE to clear parts or acetate cut outs?
Yes, please remember to degrease PE parts using VMS Styrene Cement standard (fast) type.
- Can I use the adhesive to cement clear parts to painted plastic?
Yes, in case you painted your model with acrylics there are no constrains. If you painted the model with enamels minimise the glue manipulation and thinner use.
- The glue left some residue on the clear parts and model, how to remove it?
Please wipe the glue using a brush soaked with Universal weathering carrier light type.
- What agent to use to clean brushes?
Please use Universal weathering carrier standard or light types.
Type = Paint, Glues and Finishing Supplies
Category = Glues
Date of Release = 2020-12-31v
Status = Back In Stock